Monday, December 19, 2011

Bill Cunningham

I don't know why, or how, it took me this long to write about the great/photography genius/heart melting/original street-style genius Bill Cunningham. Back in March, I dragged Jimmy along with me to view one of the most enticing films I have ever seen... The Bill Cunningham Documentary. It was filled with so much exciting fashion my eyes were shooting hearts out of them. Obviously, the fashion was outrageous and intriguing but, most of all the sweet persona of Bill was finally captured on film. His timid personality and love for fashion was remarkable. As I sat in the very last row of the Film Forum I realized something. This man is one of the many reasons why us fasionista's are who we are. We express ourselves through our apparel choices. "Don't be afraid...take a risk...be yourself...if you like it, wear it...and smile!" This film was sold out for a reason, Richard Press was able to capture the pure essence of Bill and that is a remarkable story in itself. I will not go into too much detail because this is an ABSOLUTE MUST SEE! It is now available on DVD, go get it! We love you Bill!

"We all get dressed for Bill" - Anna Wintor

Peace & Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

the brooklynista | creative commons attribution- noncommercial license | blog designed by ljkc