Sunday, October 30, 2011

Goulish & Glam & Green

This weekend we went back home to celebrate my best friend Jessica's 27th birthday. Jess n her husband were hosting a goulish & glam bash! Jimmy and I went back and forth for almost a month on what we were going to dress up as. Two days before the party and still no costume..Just like every year Jimmy and I think of our costumes the day of. We called jess to sing happy birthday n discuss the costume dilemma. She told us that they were going as hippies and that we should be part of the hippie commune. I was psyched about this for 2 reasons, I am a hippie at heart and second, I didn't have to spend any money! I am always reluctant to pay for a costume, a few trinkets.. Ok, but never a full costume. It is a waste of money and waste in general. Most Halloween costumes are thrown out after one simple wear. They then sit in landfills and never decompose. Instead of contributing to the mass waste check out your local thrift shop, there are plenty of great finds for ANY costume. Here's what you do: wear it, bob for some apples, go trick or treating, throw it in the laundry and then donate it!

My Hippie look, straight out of my closet:
Braided headband - Urban Outfitters
Robe - Hand me down from Jimmy's Mom
Tunic - Vintage
High-Waisted Jeans - Linda Loudermilk
Platforms - MIA
Clutch - vintage
All jewelry - a collection of from years and years
Sunglasses - Beacons Closet

HAPPY & SAFE HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!!

What did you dress up as? Was it a DIY?

Peace & Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

the brooklynista | creative commons attribution- noncommercial license | blog designed by ljkc